My friend and I were headed to Pound Lake Saturday morning around 0darkthirty. We stopped at Hardee's in Norton for breakfast. Pulled up to the drive-thru, gave our order, then drove up to the window (ended up waiting almost 20 minutes for 2 biscuits combos).
2 or 3 minutes after we stop, I see a car come into Hardee's from the Holiday Inn (I know, Inn at Norton now). It's headlights are off. They end up in the drive-thru as the third car in line.
2 or 3 minutes later, I see a man and woman running towards Hardee's from the hotel. I think, "Wow, they must really want a biscuit!" But they head for the car and the women is at the driver's window yelling at whomever is driving the car.
2 minutes later 3 of Norton's finest show up to diffuse the situation. I wish WC had that kind of response time.
The popo gets the guy out of the car and have him surrounded with my boat as the wall behind him. But they gave him an opening and he took off towards 58. As he gets to the front of Hardee's, a Chevy pickup almost creamed him. But the guy juked the Chevy out of it's Goodyears and headed towards the 4 lane, at which time he ran out of my view.
5 minutes later, here come the popo with the guy in tow. He's missing his shirt, his shoes (he ran out of them before he almost got hit), and his formerly backwards turned cap. They must have gotten him when he tried to jump the fence.
By that time our food was finally ready. Talk about a good way to start the day. It was like a scene out of COPS. I guess the moral of the story is that if you decide to steal a car, don't go to the Hardee's drive-thru first.





Bookmarks